Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Puss in Boots (2011)


For the first 10 -15 minutes, it was all fighting, and I thought - you've got to be kidding! Is there no escape? Then it picked up, and it was great! I'm no cartoon buff, no expert, but I thought the animation was great (and get the endless credits - ran about as long as the flick - 1000s of animators worked on this!). I was especially impressed by the voices. The jokes and humor were really funny, the characterization was there - to the point that I felt as though I were watching people, and felt tense, anxious, scared, happy, sad, excited. Okay. I'm simple. But I did. And the details. Big to small, they all added up. The trip to and escape from the giant's castle was beautiful. The crucifixion of familiar fairy tales was delightful. I loved it. Enough said. I thought it was more than "just a cartoon".

Live Preview Puss in Boots

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger