Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Big Year


This film The Big Year I was on a business trip and my colleague wanted to go see this movie, so I agreed. I had seen the previews and was expecting a completely different film. The marketing team who decided to bill the movie as "the comedy of the year" should be smacked upside their dense little heads!! They so misrepresented the movie, that they destroyed it in the marketplace. The film itself was beyond delightful. I really connected with the characters on a human level and felt the story was warm and enjoyable. The cinematography was fantastic and I found myself wishing more people would get an opportunity to experience this film as it truly is. I so enjoyed the film, that afterwards I called many of my friends and recommended the movie as I simultaneously corrected the misleading previews. I mean the film is great, it is as if the marketing team was embarrassed by the story and decided to "candy-coat" the movie. A real shame because the acting, writing, and filming stand on their own as a fantastic, all around feel good flick! Although I would not classify it as a "comedic-romp" you will laugh, and more than that, I bet you will really feel super when it is over!! (I loved the snow owl and the eagles! Awesome footage!). I like The Big Year

Reviews The Big Year

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger